Thursday, February 28, 2013

Islander vs Leafs Recap, Howie Rose and Ryan Miller


The guy in the above pic looks like an absolute fool. He is also the guy who scored a hat trick in the Coliseum, Nazem Kadri. The Islanders have yet to win a game this year when Tavares is held scoreless but cannot expect to win when this guy nets 3. On his second goal he had I cannot give him any credit as Nabby turned to swiss cheese and failed to catch a floppy wrist shot in the 2nd period. Kadri acknowledged that the goal was pure luck on the 2nd period intermission interview.

One thing I am happy to say is that I was wrong. I really thought Okposo needed to sit a game in display of his recent play, but tonight was his best game in a while. The game started with him showcasing a nasty stick handling move setting up Josh Baileys goal. He also assisted on Amacs goal which brought them within 1 in the 3rd period. Then it happened, Okposo blocked a shot, he got control of the puck, he was being heavily pressured but got the shot off and BAM, GOAL!!! That one tied the game, the Islanders had a few chances in the final minutes only to lose the game in OT. A 2-8-1 home record is better than 2-9 I guess... 3-8 would of been supreme tho.


On a side note, Howie Rose wrote a book. I have no idea why, I guess he had some downtime during the lockout. I will be keeping an eye out for an autograph signing and will be sure to let you know about it. From what I heard is that its about the NY Mets, who Howie does the Mets games on the radio for. This guy has the best job in sports, its actually like my life in going from the Islanders to the Mets every year, maybe he will get involved with the NY Jets. Damn, I think I might be the next Howie Rose!!!


I also gotta give props to the #1 goalie in the world, Ryan Miller with the Buffalo Sabres who stood on his head for 65 plus minutes and helped the Sabres to a 4-3 shootout win. Miller had 40 saves in the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment